+LAVENDER LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIES+
• 1/2 cup powdered icing sugar
• 2 tsp dried lavender
• zest of one lemon
• 1 cup butter, room temperature
• 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/4 tsp salt
• additional sugar, optional
1. In a food processor, blend the powdered sugar, dried lavender, and lemon zest until lavender flowers and lemon are well minced.
2. In a mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, add butter and cream on medium speed. Add the powdered sugar mixture and blend. Then mix in the flour and salt just to combine.
3. Using your hands, press the dough inside the mixing bowl until a loose dough ball forms. Lay out two sheets of plastic wrap. Lift 1/2 of the mixture onto one sheet and shape into a log about 4-5 inches long. Wrap the plastic around, twist and ends and use the warmth from your hands to shape and smooth the log further. Then refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
5. Slice chilled dough into 1/4-inch slices. If desired, roll or sprinkle in sugar.
6. Bake for 13-15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack. Add additional sugar as desired.